I’ve built an app in Adobe AIR for Windows which allows me to display images and videos on a projector. The app is designed with theatre performances in mind. I suppose it could be used for presentations, but it is built around the concept of a playlist.
- The app plays Mp4, JPG and PNG files.
- Videos play with time remaining displayed and can be set to loop.
- There’s a BIG stop button which is easy to find.
- It’s a full screen app, so I also show the current time.
- The display resolution can be set manually, so if you’ve prepared HD videos but use a smaller resolution projector, they resize.
- You can leave yourself messages / reminders
Unlike some of the things I’ve talked about in this category, this app is standalone so if you’d like to use it, you can download it here if you’d like to give it a try:I’ve included a README.txt file with instructions on how to set up the playlist.
Once installed, all you need to do is copy the showplayer_content folder to your C: drive and place any videos in there (along with the playlist file)